• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Radio Equiptment Mount

AJPulley

NAXJA Forum User
After viewing a few radio mount threads, I didn't find what I was looking for. Specifically, I'm looking for pictures of professional equipment mounting options that one might find in select vehicles today. I would like to build something similar for my project. For example...

PKG-PSM-345_P_12-19-W_600.jpg

A second thought would be to ditch the factory center console with storage and replace with the simple and short style used with Comanches with bench seats and utilize something like this...
C-1200_A_1-03-W_600.JPG

During certain years, the XJ was offered, and used, for certain municipal/government duties. I can't find any pictures of how mobile laptops and/or radio equipment was mounted in them.

If you have any photos, I'd surely like to see them. It will help me design something for me for up to three radios.

Here in AZ, most of the gov xj's were fitted with stands like in your first pic.

All the PD Cherokees I have seen had steering column shift levers, no stock floor console, and the equipment was mounted in a rack like the second picture. If they had a mobile computer it was on a stand mounted to the floor and/or the transmission tunnel.

All the PD Cherokees I have seen had steering column shift levers, no stock floor console, and the equipment was mounted in a rack like the second picture. If they had a mobile computer it was on a stand mounted to the floor and/or the transmission tunnel.

That would make sense. Based on your post, I found a few pictures...

image-4045076450-jpg.44130

image-2178656962-jpg.44122

Back