• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Mild ZJ lift

PacificEd

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
I have a 1998 ZJ and it has the urethane 1.75" spacers front and rear. I installed some Bilstein shocks about 2 years ago. It seems like the ZJ rides like a buckboard, especially in the front end.

I've also had issues with the rear spacers. One split on the drivers side so I replaced it. I was looking yesterday and it looks like the passenger side has now done the same.

I want to keep the lift at about 2". Is there a spring lift out there that rides great and has 2" of lift? I found OME springs are around 2-2-1/2" and BDS offers a 2".

Has anyone ever used the BDS 445H 2" kit on their ZJ? It looks like a good price.

The other option is to just go back with the spacers.

Havent used BDS but I really like my IRO kit for the WJ. I know they dont have a 2" ZJ though. When I was looking and chatting with people BDS didnt come up but Fatbobs did and it's basically the same. Reviews where mixed but more than a few said it was rough. I was really leaning towards OME for the WJ but they didnt have a true 3".

Back