• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

None of mine are, at least not for anything you'd be willing to pay

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

The days of the affordable XJ are long dead and gone. I think next rig will be a ZJ.

AT this point I'm just going to buy a new four door wrangler and not take it off road much if at all until it is ten years old. Then my oldest might get to drive it. I go back and forth between a JLU and a good gas mileage family car with third row (like a Highlander). I wish I never sold my XJ.

Sadly, even ZJ's and WJ's are getting expensive unless they are complete junk though.

Any interesting wheeling here usually involves mandatory AZ pinstipping so only my green ones are doing that now (96 and 99). The 98 has had enough 1/2ass bodywork done on it previously that I really shouldn't care, but it still looks decent from 20-25' away so avoiding the tight trails for now

So many awesome places to go within 10 miles of home
d91421fe50fe52df6c860da9bad1e1ee.jpg

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Well John, you make us all jealous when you post those pics. I drove 4.5hrs just to drive my jeep in a sandbox

Sent from my Pixel 5a using Tapatalk

I am disappointed in the public land 'wheeling land down here.
We have been to the beach a few times, that is fun and there are a few public roads west of here, but nothing very challenging close by.
There are a slot of scenic roads, but they are all gravel and can be driven in a sedan.

We're near the border between Prescott and Coconino National Forests, over 3 million acres

Since Jku’s are extremely expensive all of a sudden, so are tj’s also, but someone in my subdivision is selling a 2006 wrangler in nice shape with only 98k on it. Tempted to call my bank to see how much a payment would be. It is 15k but that seems to be the going rate for them now in nice condition. Would take the decals off it they added and switch out the headlights to ones with the rgb ring on it.

Well John, you make us all jealous when you post those pics. I drove 4.5hrs just to drive my jeep in a sandbox

When were you up there? I drove my tacoma in the giant sandbox earlier in August.

I have about a 5.5 hr drive to Sand Hollow, another hour to Moab.

But the place I want to go back to is Hanksville, way less crowded with cool stuff in all directions.

When were you up there? I drove my tacoma in the giant sandbox earlier in August.
Just got back last night. Turns out, If you put all your work into front suspension and leave 2" of rear travel you'll still have a rough time. managed to make the fuel pump module break apart, but still fun trip.

A YouTube channel I subscribe to is an off-road recovery (Matt’s off road recovery) and uses and xj for it also.

MORR is one of the best things on the internet!

As much as the banana build was good, the golden nugget series was the best.

Sean you live close to a couple off-road parks don’t you, in hill country?

There are two of them >2 hours away.
Some times it is nice to enjoy the open country with out having to pay money.
A friend knows of a nice public road trail, we are going the weekend of the 17th.

Back