• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Engine swap issue in 2000 xj

EmpireTiny

NAXJA Forum User
4.0 out of a 97xj will not close the gap to the tranny in my 2000 xj I've tried everything I can think of any pointers? I have about a quarter inch I can't close

If its an auto trans... the torque converter is not fully seated. Also if the 97 came out of a manual trans, the pilot bearing spacer might still be in place.

If its a manual, sounds like maybe the clutch isn't aligned with the pilot bearing.

Its out of an automatic going into an automatic
Do you have the two alignment bushings, on the back of the block, in their proper places?
Got a third one stuck in the transmission?

I had one in the block that lined up with one in the tranny with a total of 2 in the tranny

If its an auto trans... the torque converter is not fully seated.
This. Loosen the blots and jiggle the torque converter to make sure it goes into the crank.

I had one in the block that lined up with one in the tranny with a total of 2 in the tranny
Two in the tranny and one in the block or two total?

Re: Re: Engine swap issue in 2000 xj

This. Loosen the blots and jiggle the torque converter to make sure it goes into the crank.

Two in the tranny and one in the block or two total?

I had 1 in the block that lined up with 1 of the 2 in the tranny so removed the one from the block

Ok ima get back at it friday morning after I get off work...thanks for all the tips guys. Ill let ya know what happens

Back