• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Default Has anyone had to shorten their front drive shaft with a 4.5 short arm lift?

Demolition_x

NAXJA Forum User
I have very limited slip on my front shaft and at full droop the shaft is completely collapsed. Full droop being on a lift with every thing attached you cannot get the front drive shaft out. This causes alotta stress on the transfer case and rear drive shaft when the front droops out. I have not heard of many issues with this that is why I am asking. I do not want to cause any damage to my drive train while wheeling.

I have AX-15 and 4.5 RC with the fixed lowers (16.25" eye to eye) and stock uppers.

Just trying to figure out the best way to resolve this.

ideas?

is it a stock front ds from an xj with an ax15?

only reason i ask is i have 3 front driveshafts at my house, a front from an ax15 which is the shortest, a front from an AW4, middle length, and then a front from a zj, which is the longest. i almost put the ds from the xj with the AW4 in the front until i noticed that my original stock one was about 1 inch shorter.

is it a stock front ds from an xj with an ax15?

only reason i ask is i have 3 front driveshafts at my house, a front from an ax15 which is the shortest, a front from an AW4, middle length, and then a front from a zj, which is the longest. i almost put the ds from the xj with the AW4 in the front until i noticed that my original stock one was about 1 inch shorter.

I believe it is. I am going to measure the shaft this week if it ever stops raining or see if I can grab a number off of it.

Very common issue with running short arms at 4"+ of lift.My front CV would actually start binding on the trail.

Drop brackets or long arms.Adjustables will help with the length issue though.

Back