• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

does my seat recline???

jephs422

NAXJA Forum User
Okay maybe I'm just a retard(my wife would agree) but I can't seem to recline the seat in my 88xj. it has power seats and I know that the three buttons move it up and down, forward and back, and tilt it, but why can't I recline it.

The only time I´ve had mine recline was when my wife broke the welds in the seat back.
I know I´m not funny, but I keep on trying. :laugh3:
Whenever I feel the need to recline the seat, I usually crawl in the back, with whomever, I´m trying to recline with.

On my 4-door model, the front seats recline.
On my 2-door model, they do not.

The seats on the 2-door need to lean forward so that someone can get in back. I guess they didn't design them to lean both ways.

Both the '94 and the '96 that I have owned reclined although not enough. There should be a lever on the seat.

My '88 is a limited with leather seats. The lever is on the side:
seat.jpg

You either don't have reclining seats, or the handle fell/broke off.

RTicUL8 said:
My '88 is a limited with leather seats. The lever is on the side:
seat.jpg

You either don't have reclining seats, or the handle fell/broke off.
well mines an 88 limited also, and I'm pretty sure it's all stock. The picture looks just like mine. Does the handle push forward, up, down?

The handle usually points forward. You lift it up to release the catch allowing the seat to recline. If I remember correctly it should have a screw to keep the handle in place.

that's weird. It's almost like they're just bolted to the seat. i can't see in past the upholstery, but I try to move what is there, and it doesn't move at all. I can't imagine that lever being there for no reason!?!?!

Back