• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

coolant temperature sensor?

Re: Coolant temp sensor

No, but a CPS problem could! The CTS is used for fuel trim adjustment, but I've tried running the engine without the thing, and all I lost was fuel efficiency.

Since you say the problem is intermittent, check your CPS wiring - it's the three-pole Delphi Weatherpack at the rear of the fuel rail - and if you look between the firewall and the driver's side of the engine (looking down,) you should be able to see the sensor itself. I've had problems where the wiring rested against the exhaust manifold and melted through - and the wiring would short through on the manifold when it touched, and work fine when it got off. Took me a while to find - but it was an otherwise fairly new CPS, and I just repaired the wiring and tacked it out of the way...

5-90

Possibly. Usually not an intermittent problem though. Get a meter and check the resistance when hot and cold, compare to values in the FSM.

Back