• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Air conditioner removal

Stumpalump

NAXJA Forum User
On my 98 I want to pull the AC and all the crap that goes with it. Can I get a pully and simpler bracket to get rid of the compressor pully? Any thing else I may run into?

the non ac jeeps just use an idler pully where the ac unit goes.

I'm also looking into this, has anyone seen maybe an alternator bracket that would move the alternator to the compressor location? Seems it would be a win win since I don't use the A/C and the alternator gets wet first with the stock setup and water sports.

On my 98 I want to pull the AC and all the crap that goes with it. Can I get a pully and simpler bracket to get rid of the compressor pully? Any thing else I may run into?

I don't know if you wheel or not but it isn't very hard to use the pump for an OBA system, search around for tips. Make sure to have a shop de- pressurize the system it's illegal and potentially dangerous to let refrigerant out in the air.

i searched and couldnt find any thread for this in the archives. i want to do this as well.

Back