• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TOTM? Give Suggestions!

crazyjim

NAXJA Forum User
I got to thinking, over in mod tech you can pretty much find ANY thing you want to by searching. It'd be nice to start building a database of knowledge here in this section pertaining to the go fast side of things more than the crawling side of things.

SO I thought about possibly starting a Thread Of The Month type deal like they do on Pirate. Each month we'd all post pictures, ideas, and thoughts on different styles and ways to do things. Shock mounts, Axle trusses, Long Arms, Short Arms, etc...

Thoughts?

Re: TOTM?

sounds great, but you're going to have trouble finding contributors. I'd say the fat city boys and dieselSJ, maybe dan turner, maybe chris from NRT.

Or, are we just pulling together the things we find on the web?

sounds great, but you're going to have trouble finding contributors. I'd say the fat city boys and dieselSJ, maybe dan turner, maybe chris from NRT.

Or, are we just pulling together the things we find on the web?
I'd say both. Eventually I'd like to see more Jeepspeed teams here, and contributing. I think the contingency program would help that.

That also doesn't limit normal every day guys from posting, remember, Jeepspeed is limited to certain restrictions, we are not. I know for instance my build will have quite a bit more going on than a Jeepspeed will as far as suspension goes.

i think this would be a great idea. the TOTM threads are very easy to find using search which is nice. it would eliminate having to read a lot of threads for getting ideas. i say go for it

it helps having a mod who spends time here willing to organize things, Jim could make sure the threads get titled right, etc.

Sounds like a great idea, and if you need help let me know. Are we going to nominate threads to be conisdered, or is it build threads, or tech, or what? lets come up with some ideas of what we want to see here.

I think Dan's build thread, I Beamed Jeep's thread, and the fatcity builds of both their own rig and the current one for Stobaugh's XJ are all excellent candidates. I also think the turbo build thread in the street and performance section is worth an honorable mention, i've saved it as a PDF so the pics don't get lost. Lots of detail and a great overall writeup.

ive allways hoped for more tech around here, totm would help.

ideas? i really wanna see a cage tie-in topic.

obvious things like front or rear suspensions. driveline. seat mounting. prerunner specific cage discussion. etc etc etc
anyone can start a thread, lets do this. ive got tons of questions ready for the asking.

I'd say both. Eventually I'd like to see more Jeepspeed teams here, and contributing. I think the contingency program would help that.

That also doesn't limit normal every day guys from posting, remember, Jeepspeed is limited to certain restrictions, we are not. I know for instance my build will have quite a bit more going on than a Jeepspeed will as far as suspension goes.

I think yours could squeeze into the 3700 class.

As for the long arm discussion, the champ and 2nd place teams for the past 2 years have been on short arm setups.

How about mods to the unibody to make them live through the pounding?

I think yours could squeeze into the 3700 class.

As for the long arm discussion, the champ and 2nd place teams for the past 2 years have been on short arm setups.

How about mods to the unibody to make them live through the pounding?
I recognize that the past 2 years Short arms have won championships, but those discussions are for the thread of the month of that topic ;)

I definitely agree with the frame stiffening.

Id like to see axle trussing and homebrew stuff as well. Im getting into the fast stuff and in the middle of trussing the D30 from my donor xj. Anybody ever homebrew some control arm drop brackets?

Jim great idea!! Thing's id like to see...
1. proper driveline's
2. cage builds what and what not to do
3. Moutning shock's/bumps
4. Light bars
5. steering and Trackbar MODS
6. proper travel.. I.E up and droop
7. HOMEBREWD FAB WORK!!
8. and all the little tricks you gofast guys have learnd over the years

Back