• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ecm ground location?

Tacowhip

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys, having a funky hiccup at idle, it happens once followed by a low idle or raised idle, depends how the Jeep is feeling that day I guess. Then the check engine light pops of for a code 22 oxygen sensor. The o2 sensor is brand new. So I ohmed out the harness to the o2 sensor all the way to the ecm connector and I have good continuity from the 2 ecm pins and the 2 heater pins as well. Now I’m chasing grounds. I cleaned the right fender onel one by the battery,the dipstick bracket grounds, and the firewall strap one. Does the ecm get a dedicated ground? And if so, anyone know where? It’s a 95 xj sport

Please correct me if I'm out of whack, but isn't the o2 sensor the last resort of the pcm's of diagnostic readings?
Mind you, the o2 sensor wiring if very acceptable to heat fatigue I believe.
The tps's play up, and a leak in your vac hose off the map sensor will idol your motor rpm irattic!
I bought 2 link bars, one I attached to t6hed to the fire wall, linked to another one near the inlet manifold, you can't over negative it all I say!
Oh, I also have another one for positive near my battery, this Link block connects all my accessory wires too, this eliminates a heap of wires to your battery terminal. Just one decent cable off positive to link bar, then tap accessories to it.

Redid all the vacuum lines, new tps and iac valve, started hunting grounds yesterday. I might do the block idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The 2nd connector (middle) connector in my 97 XJ pcm handles all the sensors etc.
All the grounds I put into a brass connector near the intake manifold. Then one 15 amp back to the battery.
There is a heap of negative/ground wires running back to the pcm. Crazy!

Back