• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Steering column plug 3 prong to 4 prong

Ekacpuc

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 93 xj that I replaced the column on. The plug that attaches to the rod for the windshield wiper switch on the rebuilt column has 3 prongs. The old column and matching plug on the vehicle has 4. What’s the extra prong for and what is the work around if any?

Only issue so far is the windshield wipers park in the vertical position instead of horizontal.

The pic is what the plug should look like. The new column only has the 3 prong group.

90062941_2945375195484158_6343792744892203008_o.jpg

Did your old one have intermittent wipers?

Yes. The only difference I see is cruise control (wasn’t on old column) and the one less prong. I would have thought since the new column had a cruise control it would be the one with the extra prong.

Also the wipers park in the vertical position. There’s also a black two prong wire that is on the new column but not the old..

Really if I can get the wipers to park where they should i wouldn’t care about anything else because everything else seems to work.

Jeep column failed, old lady lost the key so I swapped the column for a rebuilt one. After the swap the headlights don’t work (everything else does so thinking one of the relays is bad) and the wipers park vertical.

It’s a dimmer switch. One or two screws and it pops right off. Swapping it out. I doubt it but I was hoping it would help my wipers park normal.

Back