• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

D30 aussie install Q

mjd99xj

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys,quick question. Aussie going in my front D30 soon, still 3.55 gears for now, do i need a case spreader to reinstall the carrier? A couple write ups ive read said just pop the carrier back in the housing. My friend that just regeared his 30 said he used one to go back together. So i guess.. do it in my driveway as planned, of wait till i can bring it to his place and use his spreader. Thanks

we put mine in without one, you'll want a pry bar to convince it too come out, but no spreader was needed.

I have done 4 of them and never needed a spreader. A couple of them were a very tight fit, but still managed to do it without a spreader.

Ok, sounds like i can do it. Did you guys just have to tap it back into place, maybe with the good ol harbor freight dead blow? That was the only fear i have of doing this and hopefully not having it sit on jackstands for a couple days. Thanks

Back