• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

brake lines.

dellstopjeep

NAXJA Forum User
i should be goin another two inches in a month or so but the funds are a little low. I realized i need new shocks cuz my rancho 5000's wont work. So now i will need extended brake lines, t case drop, and shocks. Whats the cheapest way for me to extend brake lines? I hear u dont even have to extend the rear but the front i know is a must cuz mine is at the limit right now. I saw them from RE but even 80 dollars is kinda pricey. Whats the cheapest way to go? ALso whats the best shock for your buck. I just read those doesch 3000's are cheap but are they a good shock? thanks
eric

dellstopjeep said:
i should be goin another two inches in a month or so but the funds are a little low. I realized i need new shocks cuz my rancho 5000's wont work. So now i will need extended brake lines, t case drop, and shocks. Whats the cheapest way for me to extend brake lines? I hear u dont even have to extend the rear but the front i know is a must cuz mine is at the limit right now. I saw them from RE but even 80 dollars is kinda pricey. Whats the cheapest way to go? ALso whats the best shock for your buck. I just read those doesch 3000's are cheap but are they a good shock? thanks
eric

I'll sell you mine for $45 shipped... I'll even throw in my extended rear line if I can find it. They came w/ my 5.5" lift, stainless steel braided, extended...
PM me,
Billy

Try a local shop. Someone in my club just bought 38" braided line with fitting for $15

Brake lines:
Front
Get a set of early 90's YJ fronts (w/o abs)(16.00 each) when you replace the lines, straighten out the hard line.
Rear
make a small bracket to lengthen the rear brake line mount and straighten the bend in the hard line

T-Case Drop
Go and buy a 2 foot section of 1" square steel tubing and 4 bolts
cut to size, drill 4 holes, and install

Shocks are up to you, you get what you pay for but the best bang for the buck *SEEMS* to be the Doetsch Tech 3000's I have no experience on these, just used the search

Marcus seems to have some really great low buck ideas, you might want to check out his site.

http://go.jeep-xj.info/

Back