• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Exhaust hanging down

RyleyF

NAXJA Forum User
I went wheelin a few days ago, get stuck in the deep mud, but nothing really bottom-scraping. Today I notice that there's a nice dent in my muffler and that my exhaust is hanging down a good 6". Enough so that I can see the top of the muffler underneath the jeep. I took a look, and don't really notice anything peculiar about where it's mounted, but I'm still left wondering what could break to let just the middle sag down. Any ideas on fixing it?

RyleyF said:
I went wheelin a few days ago, get stuck in the deep mud, but nothing really bottom-scraping. Today I notice that there's a nice dent in my muffler and that my exhaust is hanging down a good 6". Enough so that I can see the top of the muffler underneath the jeep. I took a look, and don't really notice anything peculiar about where it's mounted, but I'm still left wondering what could break to let just the middle sag down. Any ideas on fixing it?

Check your hangers. Make sure the rubber one above the axle didn't break.

Back