• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Renix leaky stainless steel lines.

Gunter

NAXJA Forum User
mine leaked. temp fix in place. compression fittings? new parts/chinese parts not so good. thinking i need some fab repair to bring fuel system up to date and stop the dribbling. (of the fuel system)

Maybe use more words to describe your problem. This isn't twitter. You can actually use full sentences and punctuation to describe something. You're even able to add photos if you try.

lmao ok .. we all know the lines leak at the plastic clip and two O rings. mine started leaking where the collar crimps on the tube. then my rubber hose came out of the crimp. am i the only one to ever have issues with the joints on the rubber fuel lines and the injector rail.? one is supply and one is return. . shame i need to make huge detailed explanation but whatever.hastas

Well, I for one had no idea what you meant from your first post, so being descriptive helps. Compression fitting to barbed hose end with rubber fuel injection hose sounds like it would be a good selection on the feed side, don't know on the fuel rail side,, Not exactly sure what it looks like, never have owned renix era.

it is usual fuel injection . has crimped on quick connects with plastic clip and O rings.my return line the rubber came out of the crimped part and now the collar that is crimped is leaking fuel. took it off and used a hose clamp as temp repair. was thinking an fittings or Earl's so i can upgrade both flex hoses on the injection rail and the rubber one back where it returns to the fuel tank. i thin k i should go hack out the lines and ends from junkyard and go to hose repair place and sort out what i need for parts and hose then i dont have to play internet ordering in parts i am very unfamiliar with and sending junk back etc. high pressure side is 35 to 40 psi. low side has hose clamp on fuel sender from years ago. so it must be with in the pressure range to be ok with hose clamps and fuel hose. i figure do it so it lasts 50 more years and i wont have to redo it ever unless i change to new engine,

Why don’t you order some stock fuel line replacements with the quick disconnects instead of trying to fabricate an entirely new connection?

Yes it’s a shame you had to use all those words to explain what your problem was. We should have known what the problem was and what you were asking based off your first post.

problem fixing the stock junk is all of it is either chinese or other junk that fits but does not work. poor parts seem to be the only ones available. 30 year old jeep parts are out there but the quality just is not there.,with the explosion of AN and other fittings why not upgrade? the rubber hoses are built onto a metal line cant just up and get one. if metal is good new hose and 4 compression fittings is an easy fix IF i can find what fits.

So your options are 30 year old parts you say don't have quality, chnese parts you say doesn't work, or custom making AN fittings for everything. It would appear you know what you need to do and don't need the forum to help you.
I've used chinese parts on my jeep. Straight from Napa Auto Parts. They've worked great to stop leaks like gas and transmission fluid.
Best of luck finding an AN fitting for a crimped conection. I look forward to your write up. Please include photos of each step too because it will help others.

I used a brush from my firearms cleaning kit to clean the inside of the fittings on my '88. New repair kits and a little oil (like Cruiser54 said), and no leaks. This assumes both ends are still clean, round, no dings, no dents.

I sure dont like the rubber hoses crimped to them long metal pipes, makes rubber hose replacement difficult and them little quick connect fittings with delicate o rings and plastic clips is a real pain to deal with. I would have preferred a simple barbed end on the pipes, and fuel manifold along with regular hose clamps. I fricking hate the quick connect garbage.

I sure dont like the rubber hoses crimped to them long metal pipes, makes rubber hose replacement difficult and them little quick connect fittings with delicate o rings and plastic clips is a real pain to deal with. I would have preferred a simple barbed end on the pipes, and fuel manifold along with regular hose clamps. I fricking hate the quick connect garbage.

The AN style work perfect and are totally easy to use, plus the hose prevents heat soak also. No adapters or other fittings required, just 2 of these and some hose.
611250.jpg

The AN style work perfect and are totally easy to use, plus the hose prevents heat soak also. No adapters or other fittings required, just 2 of these and some hose.
611250.jpg

611250.jpg

this is what i was thinking. i really need a shop near me that has all the parts so i dont get the wrong stuff. used junkyard parts i need to bring with me to be sure so i am not in return hell in person or by online retailer.

Quick disconnect part numbers

The Napa part numbers for just o-rings *is:

Napa 730-5018 3/8 Viton individual o-rings
Napa 730-5017 5/16 Viton individual o-rings
*Remember to re-use your old spacer between the 2 new o-rings!!

Napa CRB 212305 fuel line repair kit 5/16
Dorman 800-750 trans line repair kit 3/8

Mopar repair kits:

83502745 fuel line repair kit 5/16
83504447 fuel line/Trans line repair kit 3/8

I agree with the use of the AN fittings. Used the Russell brand products myself and they were easy to use. The issue I had is the stock fuel lines on my renix are metric so I used a compression fitting on them to adapt to AN. I think I used 45 degree fittings but I also have the 99-01 intake with 91-95 fuel rail. got part numbers off summit racing and bought off amazon so I got them faster and without paying shipping and if they were wrong it wasn't hard to return

Back