• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Parasitic Draw 92 xj Fuse Block

Lucky2BAlive

NAXJA Forum User
I have a parasitic draw that is draining my battery if it sits more than 4 hours. Its a 92 XJ laredo. I already got a test light and pulled fuses until one of them dimmed the light when i pulled it. It now works fine but i didn't fix the problem i just pulled the fuse. The fuse was the "Fuse Block" fuse, does that run the interior fuse panel? where do i go next to actually fix this problem? Everything thing seems to be running the same without the fuse in place. I just want to fix it right what do i do?

I'm guessing you were pulling fuses from the PDC in the engine bay? You need to pull the internal fuses until you find it.

Get a multimeter with a built-in ammeter function that can go above 100 milliamps (some of the cheap meters have it), then disconnect the negative battery cable and put the multimeter between the cable and post, then start pulling interior fuses.

Yes I was pulling fuses in the engine bay with the the negative cable dettached from the battery with a test light attached to it and touching the probe to the battery. So the "fuse block" draw means the problem is in the interior fuse panel? I also pulled every fuse on the interior and the test light stayed on. I just have a test light but with the multimeter what should the draw read under to not kill my battery every four hours?

I just fixed this same problem on my Expedition, I traced the problem back to the rear wiper arm being seized and someone in my family must have tried to use the rear wiper. The motor tried to move and then never went to the park position and was trying which would draw the battery down which resulted in getting it replaced. I had the battery tested and it passed, I replaced the alternator with a new larger amperage and after 2 days of dead battery in the morning I replaced the battery and have no problems.

Have a power antenna? If so, check it's fuse. Mine wold constantly run the motor which would kill the battery. Fixed antenna and no problem

Back