• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Replacement for factory foglights?

BrianDunning

NAXJA Forum User
I'm trying to help my son get his 2001 XJ into decent shape. The factory foglights need to be replaced - one doesn't work and the other has the glass smashed out. Maybe my google-fu is weak but I can't seem to find replacements. Ideally I'd like to find something that's plug & play and will fit the original mounts, and if they're brighter than stock that would be a huge plus. Thanks!

IMO the 1997-2001 XJ fog lights are mostly ornamental. There are lots of better performing choices than stock replacements.

I would recommend upgrading the headlights, LED or H-4 e-code headlamps such as Hella or Bosch.

Last edited:
I put Harbor Freight Implement lights on in the factory fog spot. I made some mounts for them by bending some 1" wide 1/8" thick aluminum flat stock and just drilled holes accordingly. They look factory, and they put out more light than the headlights.

Back