• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

filter change with TNT Y-Link

Justpunchit

NAXJA Member #1291
I talked to phil a long time ago at tnt customs, when I first bought my y link and he said people can actually do a filter and gasket without dropping the belly skid... well I got all the bolts out except the last back two, anyone actually do this? or does everyone give up and drop the skid?? thanks for the help.

dont know about the filter and gasket part, but this weekend i drilled a 1 1/2A" hole in the belly pan so that i can drain the trans fluid without having to take the skid off.

stewie said:
dont know about the filter and gasket part, but this weekend i drilled a 1 1/2A" hole in the belly pan so that i can drain the trans fluid without having to take the skid off.

I really thought about doing that, it can't hurt the integrity that much I'd imagine.

i have done it. to make it much easier remove the 4 nuts holding the tranny mount to the skid and jack up the tranny by lifting it with a jack placed on the rear yoke from the tcase. I did it with mine and its much easier to move your hands up there. or just use some extensions and u joints

CROSBIKE said:
i have done it. to make it much easier remove the 4 nuts holding the tranny mount to the skid and jack up the tranny by lifting it with a jack placed on the rear yoke from the tcase. I did it with mine and its much easier to move your hands up there. or just use some extensions and u joints

yes! theres hope I'll give that a shot today.

Back