• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Improving MPG

RichP

NAXJA Forum User
Been giving this some thought and seeing as how they are advertising THIS on the major networks I've been brainstorming other uses, one that immeadiatly came to mind while I was mulling over the finish choice for my wheels was using 4 of them to replace the center caps, it might cut down on tubulance, keep the rotors cooler and improve braking capability. Figured a couple of stand offs so they would sit out about 3 inches or so to allow good air flow to pull air over the rotors, it might even aid in cooling the engine compartment :D :D :D

What can I say, I just went thru 3 2 hour tech interviews on the phone and I'm wrung out....

RichP said:
Been giving this some thought and seeing as how they are advertising THIS on the major networks I've been brainstorming other uses, one that immeadiatly came to mind while I was mulling over the finish choice for my wheels was using 4 of them to replace the center caps, it might cut down on tubulance, keep the rotors cooler and improve braking capability. Figured a couple of stand offs so they would sit out about 3 inches or so to allow good air flow to pull air over the rotors, it might even aid in cooling the engine compartment :D :D :D

What can I say, I just went thru 3 2 hour tech interviews on the phone and I'm wrung out....
You're joking about that, right? :gag:

Starscream918 said:
You're joking about that, right? :gag:

Which ? Unix and cisco tech interviews can be a ball buster....

RichP said:
might cut down on tubulance, keep the rotors cooler and improve braking capability. Figured a couple of stand offs so they would sit out about 3 inches or so to allow good air flow to pull air over the rotors, it might even aid in cooling the engine compartment

It should also keep the brake dust down.

it might even give you an appealing wooo-wooooooo sound!

XJ Buzzard said:
Smells like BS to me. If it was such a good thing wouldn't car makers use them to be able to meet EPA and fuel usage standards?

i believe he may be kidding.

please, don't start a "does the tornado work" thread!!!! :)

Dookie said:
i believe he may be kidding.

please, don't start a "does the tornado work" thread!!!! :)

How about 6 of them mounted on one of the roof rack cross bars, all the way to the rear, tilted down a bit, might help to break that low pressure area back there as well as keep the rear window cleaner in inclement weather.....just some thoughts....

RichP said:
How about 6 of them mounted on one of the roof rack cross bars, all the way to the rear, tilted down a bit, might help to break that low pressure area back there as well as keep the rear window cleaner in inclement weather.....just some thoughts....

but, that's not legal in all states!! i think you'll have to avoid vermont with that mod.

Back