• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trailer repairs sucks!!

29 spline 8.25 with chromoly shafts. It only has a 350lb tongue weight but I will still p/u a equalizer hitch for it.

8.25" seems a bit on the small side for towing. 10" to 11" is the norm. At least for light trucks.

It hasn't been a problem for me in the last 20 yrs and I've towed up to 10k lbs with it. I did take my class III hitch off recently with the intentions of building a class III bumper/receiver. If I buy this today it will be towed home behind a 3/4 Ton van.

Well that deal went bust, but luckily I have almost 4 months to replace it.

I called and talked with one of the distributors today. He told me the market is a mess with no trailers available and prices are jacked way up, all do to Covid!

We’ve noticed the same thing out here. Almost no medium or small trailers sitting on the lots. Just big 5th wheels and motor homes, stuff normal people can’t casually get into. And the used market is crazy.

It makes sense though, it’s hard to get out and go on vacation otherwise. It will be exciting to see if the used market is flooded (and becomes cheap) with “used once during COVID” trailers and small motor homes in a year or two.

Back