• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

fuel pressure question

kkerem

NAXJA Forum User
Hi,

I still hava some problems with fuel system or with some sensor. Last night I installed new fuel pump and adjusted a TPS. Both are functioning now. But still the engine doesn't start well. I also disconnected and closed all vacuum lines, only MAP and fuel pressure lines were connected, so there can't be leaks. But starting the engine takes around 10 sec and it dosn't run well also. So my question is, can it be bad fuel pressure regulator, after stoping the engine, there is no remaining fuel pressure, but logic says that there has to be? Whats the problem, fuel pressure regulator - or something else...?

Greetings from Estonia!

Your going to have to block the return line next on the regulator and test for leak down, I would suspect a bad injector or two. When your engine starts, see it you can tell what cylinder is missing that’s the one with a bad injector.

Also test your fuel pressure make sure it’s correct and steady.

Go the cheep route first....fuel pressure reg/fuel filter swap em out for new ones then check the pressure.
Could also be moisture in the lines or bad gas...
I've had some probs with lower/cheep gas....97 octane JEEP runs fine...Mobile
Super Unleaded...Any other brand n all I get is hard starts n crappy gas milage.....

Back