• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2N04 AAT Project Sept. 5

karstic

NAXJA Forum User
We have the Sweco trail dozer reserved for Monday September 5th.

We will meet at 9am at the intersection of 2N01 and 2N04.

The plan for the day will be to build some rolling dips on a section of the trail with a water drainage issue.

Anyone?

We will also do any necessary brush clearing/trimming, trash pick up, etc.

labor on Labor day? :) I might be wrenching but this is a possibility

I wish I could, but I have plans Sat & Sun, and can't justify spending the gas for just one day right now =(

I'll be providing burgers with all the fixins'

I will likely be there. Any special tools we need? I plan on bringing a shovel and some basic pruners, hard hat, gloves, lots of water... we need anything else?

I can brign either my Jeep or my truck. Truck is a 2wd full size. Lots of bed space for carting things out but not so great on 4wheeling. I don't recall any areas that a 2wd would be a problem, but which would you recommend. Jeep has a winch, truck has an 8 foot bed.

Justin either would he fine. Shouldn't need the winch tomorrow.

Channel 31 on the CB.

We had eight people total.
Sonia and I
James and his nephew Issac Hildebrandt
Ron Adkins and his son, Troy.

Danny Bogner operating the Sweco and Doug Guimond

96 hours

A lot of brushing was done with the new Stihl Edgers.

New water bars built and some renewed with the Sweco.

I didn't take a lot of pictures but James' nephew did and I'll get some from DOug

You all missed a good time in the forest. Even if it was a little wet, the weather was perfect. The showers kept the dust away, and it was nice and cool. The Stihl Edger really helped cutting the wild roses. We were even able to explore Arrastre Trail Camp on the Pacific Crest Trail

Back