• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

part number request (radiator isolators)

xjwisconsin

NAXJA Forum User
98 4.0 5spd. Pulled my old radiator out today (leaking at the corners) Found that one of the bottom rubber isolators was completly gone, and the two rectangular ones on top are shot also. Could use some help on part numbers and a distributor for these parts. Any help would be appreciated as this is my DD.

edit: Just found em on Team Cherokee, but insanely priced so a real part number could still be helpfull

Last edited:
top isolators - 5200 2585 (each, no hardware)
Can't find the lower isolators in the catalog, unfortunately... I may be looking in the wrong section.

Try mopardiscountparts.com or discountjeepparts.com, or maybe funjeepsparts.com, or google for the part number with "jeep" or "mopar" as a second term.

EDIT: http://funjeepsparts.com/webstore/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=8365 - first result for 52002585 on google!

edit: Just found em on Team Cherokee, but insanely priced so a real part number could still be helpfull

heh heh ... :)

Compared to prices here ... I thought TeamCherokee was a bargain and got mine in the mail the other week.

J068 7550 may be the grommet part # ...

and confirm 5200 2585 as the top one with no hardware.

J068 7550 appears to be the lower grommet for the 2.5L and 2.5L diesel radiators... does not seem to apply to the 4.0L :(

Only thing similar I'm coming up with is 5208 0115AC ("GROMMET, Radiator, (NOT REQUIRED)") so maybe try that.

The bottom ones I cut from a rubber hose that just slide over the dowells. Working perfect for several years now and still going strong.

As a heads up for anyone else with this problem... The above listed part numbers are correct. Team cherokee was the only place I found that had the "grommets" in stock. Crown makes replacement pads. I ended up at the pick and pull today and got both uppers and lowers off of a 90 4.0 auto. So looks like there a standard through all years.

As a heads up for anyone else with this problem... The above listed part numbers are correct. Team cherokee was the only place I found that had the "grommets" in stock. Crown makes replacement pads. I ended up at the pick and pull today and got both uppers and lowers off of a 90 4.0 auto. So looks like there a standard through all years.

I know this is way old but Thanks!

Nathan
99 with pretty much everything

Back from the dead!

Since I'll probably have to jerry-rig isolators to replace the J068 7550, how thick should the pad between the radiator and lower mount be?

I did what Techno did. slipped a piece of fuel line over the two bosses on bottom of radiator.

The bottom ones I cut from a rubber hose that just slide over the dowells. Working perfect for several years now and still going strong.

Mine's been holding for about 2 years. I didn't use a pad. Although some of that rubber shower pan liner was one idea I had. would likely have to epoxy it to one of the surfaces.

I just refurbished the upper pads on a 96 last week — I had a set with the upper bolt torn out

Ended up drilling the center for a 1/4” bolt — recessed the bottom with a die grinder so the head would recess into the rubber — then a nut and washer at the top — mounted this on the radiator and installed as normal— used a 2nd nut to lock it into place — worked as OEM

I used some floor padding that goes under "wooden" floor panels. Pretty thick, pliable, and durable. Folded it a few times and cut to fit. Made a home in it for the tabs and it's held up nicely.

I pulled grommets from a 01 in a junk yard and installed them when I replaced the radiator. Actually, I replaced my radiator as well with the one from the 01 junker so they were either free or part of the cost of the radiator. I have a 96.

Back from the dead!

Since I'll probably have to jerry-rig isolators to replace the J068 7550, how thick should the pad between the radiator and lower mount be?
I replace my radiator this past Friday, got lucky and found isolators in serviceable condition.

Nominal measurements ranged from 1/4" to 5/16".

Back