• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

injector swap

cmr4by4

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 89 XJ with the HO head and no I dont have the renix sys. I need injectors and a fuel pres regulator and my friend just bought a hole new fuel rail complet and said I couldbuy it from him but his is a 90-91 would the swap work?

Last edited:
It will work if the intake manifold you have is from a 91-95. You say you have the HO head on the engine but did you use the Renix electronics or nothing Renix? An '89 should have the Renix injection unless it was swapped out. Basic rule of thumb for compatibility: 87-90 have the same parts, 91-95 same parts and 96-up have the same parts. If in doubt, ask to borrow it and check to see if it looks the same. Btw, getting much snow up there?

I have nothing renix I just have the HO head ok now the renix is the system with the injector rail with the feet that you bolt in to or the one with the tabs just off the rail? because I have the one with the feet?

we have about 2feet of snow thats been on the ground just the last couple of days we have gotten about 3-4 inches

You can tell if you have a Renix if the fuel rail has fuel line connections at each end of the rail. The later model has both connections at the front next to the pressure reg.

The intake manifolds are diffferent as are the mounting of the fuel rail. The renix rail mounts flat to the manifold while the newer one mounts to slanted surfaces. The throttle bodys are different as well with the newer one using 4 bolts to hold it down and the renix using 3.

Thanks for the info sjx40250 its the info I have been looking for So If I under stand right I have the renix system gas lines on both ends is what I have along with the 4 bolts again thinks for the info .the gas line goes in to the but of the pressure reg and exits out the other end of the fuel rail thats what mine looks like

Last edited:
Back