• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

weld the trac bar mount bolt

tbear

NAXJA Forum User
ok before i get laughed at, my trac bar bolt that goes into the frame is shot.i believe the hole is actually wobbled out and now i have D W. i will replace the mount but temp weld it is my fix. has anybody else done this or am i stupid. oh yea the specs 96 5.5 lift 33s d30 8.25/w 4.56s. thanks for the info.

The frame mount has a tapered hole with a tie rod end. You need a new bracket.

thats what i was wondering why i cant just weld the nut to the bracket to hold it in place. dont have the cash to get new bracket and bar

I did that for a temporary fix for one I fubarred awhile back. It didnt work I tought it would. It was a customers vehicle and we couldnt get a new bracket for a couple days. So we welded it up and thought it would for a few days. Wrong, I dont know if it threw the angles off or if it just get and stay tight enough. All I know is the DW was way worse than before we messed with it. Just my .02.

the bolt on the bracket or the Tie Rod end?

heatin a tie rod end is bad juju

Back