• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Moab event itinerary.

macgyvr

NAXJA Member #120
NAXJA Member
Sunday, Oct 7th
Folks will begin to arrive.

Monday, Oct 8th
There will probably be unofficial pick up trail runs during the day.
7pm-9pm Early registration at Moab-KOA Campground Cabin 51 (back of the campground). Sign up for trails.

Tuesday, Oct 9th
7:30am to 8:30am Registration at Moab-KOA Campground Cabin 51 (back of the campground).
8:45am or 9am Daily trails stage at various locations.
5:30pm - Meet and Greet Pizza Party at Campground (near Cabin 51)
-sponsored by the NORTHWEST Chapter who will be providing PIZZA!

Wednesday, Oct 10th
7:30am to 8:30am Registration at Moab-KOA Campground Cabin 51 (back of the campground).
5:30pm/location below - Show and Shine
-sponsored by MIDWEST CHAPTER Chapter
Old Spanish Trail Arena Recreational Complex 3641 S. Highway 191, Moab, UT Just south of the Moab KOA (parking lot area by the pavilion)
Evening Registration at the show and shine location.

Thursday, Oct 11th
No evening group plans, enjoy a night on the town!

Friday, Oct 12th
5:30 pm Banquet at the Moab Valley Inn 711 S Main St, Moab, UT 84532
Catered by Moab Grill.
Dinner and raffle. Awards presentation.

Saturday, Oct 13th
8:00am to 8:30am Registration at Moab-KOA Campground Cabin 51 (back of the campground).
Wrap up meal at a local restaurant with whoever is left?

Re: Very tentative Moab event itinerary.

So you're going to be there that early, ehh? I plan on leaving here sunday and driving halfway or so and pull into Moab monday. Is there going to be a meet time every morning and briefing?

I plan to be there Sunday evening...as long as two days of travel goes smoothly, My wife's flight gets in Monday afternoon, so I built a day extra of travel into my schedule.

Each trail will have a daily staging location, likely around town each morning, there a drivers meeting will be held and then off to go wheel. There likely will not be a daily drivers meeting as an entire group.

mac 'Moab or bust' gyvr

Those that have been to this event before, what else have you done before and after the Moab event?

I've not been before, but my plan is to get to Telluride CO on midday Sunday. Unload the XJ, leave the tow rig in Telluride and drive Imogene Pass to Ouray. Overnight in Ouray and return to Telluride on Monday morning via the Black Bear Pass, load up the XJ and then head out to Moab. Plan to be in Moab before supper time.

Re: Tentative Moab event itinerary.

Those that have been to this event before, what else have you done before and after the Moab event?

mac 'I reserved Oct 7th-15th' gyvr

Float the Colorado River. I will have my canoe with me. Dewey to Hittle Bottom is a nice, easy flatwater stretch of the river. Boats/rafts can be rented locally.

Back