• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1994 XJ crank no start help

xjrhd07

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 1994 XJ that stopped when driving home from work one day. It was very warm and humid out and most likely cracked the block. It did crank but did not start.
The dealer said compression was low and I needed a new engine. I took it to an independent mechanic and he had the engine rebuilt.
Now the engine will still crank, but does not start. He says he has spark and fuel along with good compression. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Update, my neighbor and I did a full diagnostic on it.
(He's a heavy equipment mechanic with all the proper diagnostic tools) at first we where not getting spark or injector pulse. Disconnect the ecm and reconnected it. She backfired and cranked up. Let it run for 15 min. I dont have a tax gauge being a base model but when given rpm, id guess 3k to 4k it shut off again and wouldn't run again. Idled fine and revved fine until I put it in first gear and tried to move it. Bam killed out right then

SORRY DISREGARD THIS POST, I MEANT TO POST ON ANOTHER THREAD. IM NEW TO THIS FORUM AND DOTN KNOW HOW TO DELETE THIS POST ON THE THREAD

Update, my neighbor and I did a full diagnostic on it.
(He's a heavy equipment mechanic with all the proper diagnostic tools) at first we where not getting spark or injector pulse. Disconnect the ecm and reconnected it. She backfired and cranked up. Let it run for 15 min. I dont have a tax gauge being a base model but when given rpm, id guess 3k to 4k it shut off again and wouldn't run again. Idled fine and revved fine until I put it in first gear and tried to move it. Bam killed out right then[/QUOTE]

Back