• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sierra fest pictures

Mrs. Smasho

NAXJA Forum User
14c0e0ca0387393ada30b85d0a1e9f89.jpg
1d1dc977c5c27ec5dac1b38ba5127c60.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dusy Breakage:

Dean - Pitman Arm on Thompson Hill
Nick - control arm on Thompson Hill
Spencer - front locker on 1/2 mile from the end of the trail
Gordon - UCA mount - Noticed it at Ershim Lake ?
various dents and I smashed a tail light if that counts

Red Lake :
No breakage

Bald Mountain :
Me - ripped open a sidewall

Most of my pics are from dusy
cfb78b4eb54e4bf5d47d3075aa0c3e5b.jpg

7c33e03f6ecccff975a14f21027acb1d.jpg

22a50e6fab3b4ead8c1ffdfcce7deaab.jpg

17c63eac3505bb0f4f20d3cdd1d1aeed.jpg

1e993660ee03551781303abace94b2f4.jpg

6fcea580bd5bcda109ba4c350d9a9c89.jpg

Stoopid hot on the way home.

Both my axle side upper bushings became cooked. The passenger side was just flopping around in the mount. The driver side has all the rubber pushed out to one side. The passenger mount started to tear off the tube about half way around. I noticed it and when we made it to ellis we welded the mount up and tacked in the bushing.

Also on bald my front left wheel space came loose. It was my bad in poor matinence. I had pulled it off to change a shaft a while ago and not locktighted it upon reinstallation. One of the studds was stripped but the other four were fine. Got a bit to do on the jeep to be ready for the rubicon in a few weeks.

Dusy Breakage:

Parker - front locker on 1/2 mile from the end of the trail

Tore into my front end and found the carrier was cracked half way around.

As far as a trip report, Spencer and I had an awesome time. It was a great group of folks with well prepped rigs and the group moved at a good pace with hardly any spotting needed. I appreciate all the hospitality and help we were given, especially since we were from So Cal :wave:

I look forward to making it to another Sierra Fest in the future!

Tore into my front end and found the carrier was cracked half way around.

As far as a trip report, Spencer and I had an awesome time. It was a great group of folks with well prepped rigs and the group moved at a good pace with hardly any spotting needed. I appreciate all the hospitality and help we were given, especially since we were from So Cal :wave:

I look forward to making it to another Sierra Fest in the future!
Crazy that the case was cracked.

Sorry! I had a feeling I had your names backwards once again. I had a great time wheeling/camping/hanging with you guys, thanks for coming up!

'

Crazy that the case was cracked.

Sorry! I had a feeling I had your names backwards once again. I had a great time wheeling/camping/hanging with you guys, thanks for coming up!

Haha, no need to apologize. I clarified because I did not want to ruin Spencer's street credit of having a well prepped jeep.

It was a carrier I pulled from an 85 jeep in the junkyard in 06 or so. I think it definitely served its purpose.

Two pictures Bruce sent me:
dusy%20trail_zpsimehmdku.jpg
[/URL]

chicken%20rock_zps0b3idwdg.jpg
[/URL]

Photobucket is being a giant POS, I will try to post the rest Bruce sent, plus the couple my dad took as well later tonight or tomorrow.

Just got off the phone with my dad, sounds like he had an absolute blast, and thanks to everyone who helped out fixing and loaning tools and parts. You guys freakin rock!:cheers:

I also had an absolute blast!

Aso remember to trim your leaf clamps if you buy the big clunky oriellys ones

Back