• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Do I need Limit Straps?

landmark

NAXJA Forum User
For those of you who run (or are familiar with) RE6030, do you also use limit straps for the front axle? Last time I was in Moab, I hit a few spots where at full flex, the front spring came out of the hangar by about 4 inches. I have the DT3000 shocks that came with the kit, and I am worried that my shocks are acting as my limit straps. Should I be worried? Is it normal for the coil spring to come that far out of its perch?

98 Classic
Rubicon Express 6030
DT3000 Shocks
31x10.5 BFG AT

i have this lift, but with the rubicon monotubes. When flexed out, my control arms bind up on the brackets on the front axle before my shocks. Time for drop brackets for me. I guess you can just take them off and measure them, and then put them back on, flex them out, and see if they are maxed.

landmark said:
For those of you who run (or are familiar with) RE6030, do you also use limit straps for the front axle? Last time I was in Moab, I hit a few spots where at full flex, the front spring came out of the hangar by about 4 inches. I have the DT3000 shocks that came with the kit, and I am worried that my shocks are acting as my limit straps. Should I be worried? Is it normal for the coil spring to come that far out of its perch?

98 Classic
Rubicon Express 6030
DT3000 Shocks
31x10.5 BFG AT
It happens and yes, limit straps would be a good idea.

Shock absorbers are not designed to be used as limit straps, nor bumpstops.

Back