• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Water leaking in

4x4JeePmaNthINg

NAXJA Forum User
Thought I got it fixed but I just washed the jeep, ass downhill, passenger board filled with water, driver side leaking up high maybe window? Carpet is out, glad I didn't put it in yet.:dunno:

Thoughts,

Is the steel plate under the wiper bezel removable or us that solid to the unibody?

Blower motor looked dry, but I'll try your advice and see.

Can the windshield gasket thing be removed to check or should this only be done when reinstalling new?

the windshield gasket thing is only cosmetic -- it does not seal the windshield -- the windshield is glued it place with polyurethane which is the sealant as well

My1997 had a similar leak, only doing so when pointed downhill.
Traced it to the fresh air intake, under the cowling. A foam rubber gasket has deteriorated and was mostly gone, allowing water to drain in.
To seal the inaccessible intake required temporarilly removing part of the cowl.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lwade/sets/72157677009594362/

32212090165_a200f04bc0.jpg

We're you able to reach that far passenger side?
Does the thing you cut a hole in not come off?

With the sheet metal cut out of the way, my fingers could reach around the fresh air intake to spread the sealant on the back side.
The section cut out is not a removable piece, it's a permanent part of the body and is located under the plastic intake grill, beneath the windshield.

Before sealing, the area was cleaned well, with solvent, to ensure the sealant would stick.

Back