• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Which tcase kit

devildog0

NAXJA Forum User
So tcase has a bad chain, and it has 200k miles on it so i figure might as well rebuild while i have it apart.

Browsing kits. Novak adapters 250. Allstate gear 130 shipped. Rock Auto 150 after I add in chain.

Is Novak really using parts worth 100 dollars more or are you paying for the novak name? Keep in mind these prices all include chains.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

JB Coversions, they use USA made parts.

JB Coversions, they use USA made parts.
Theyre out of my price range by over 100 dollars. The novak kit is the upper limit of my budget to fix this case.

I wheel but im not out running big power or big tires. Im on an upcountry lift w/235s and a front locker

The 2LO portion is still worth it on any style rig.

I bought the Novak kit.

I bought the Novak kit.

Looked at the kit. Couldn't tell if it comes with a wide chain, did you see it specified?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

It says nothing about chain width, I assume since they didn't say anything about chain width it comes with the standard chain. I'll let you know when I get home from Vacation lol.

It says nothing about chain width, I assume since they didn't say anything about chain width it comes with the standard chain. I'll let you know when I get home from Vacation lol.
Enjoy yourself!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Not having the Jeep up here sucks but oh well :(
da11d54cc8044a92339f50e5dd38f964.jpg

If you have a 231, the SKF kit on Rockauto is what you should get. If not, or you have a 242, I'd buy the bearings and seals separately. I bought a Transparts kit for my 242 and replaced the bearings and seals with name brand parts. Huge difference in quality. Timken or SKF. The input bearing is a bit salty but it was a night and day difference with what came in the kit.

Back