• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What do ya think?, New Project?

csudman

NAXJA Forum User
Drivin down the road the other day and saw a small J-yard, obviously stopped in and took a look. They had a few Wagonners, Cherokees and other 4x4 things but nothin that really jumped out at me. And then I saw it. Sittin in a corner by it self begging me to come over and look. I was so excited when I took these pictures I didnt even think to get the year or vin number off it. But it really doesn't matter. I went in to talk to the yard owner and this is what he said. It was a frame off restoration that a guy was doin. Wife left him and took it in the divorce. It had a completely rebuilt 44 under the front of it and a , get this, BRAND NEW ORIGANAL ENGINE. Thats right, I saw it but didnt take any pics, sittin in the back on the floor of the jeep was a block w/ a ton of accessorys. He said it had a new clutch, pulley assemblys, and a ton of other stuff. I had been sittin for about 5 years so it has some surface rust on the frame. The body is in increadible shape. Only rust I saw was around the back window glass. Someone had spraybombed it before settin it out pretty well. New seats and just a ton of really cool stuff. Even the chrome was rust free.

Now heres the best part. $700.00. W/ out hagglin. I figure I can walk for $600.00 cash.

Plans are kinda up in the air, thats why in postin, and to brag. :) Thinkin tons and 37's. Spring over. Waggy leafs. F&R ARB's. Make it into a mild trail rig, Dont wanna destroy it.

Any other Ideas?
7.jpg

6.jpg

Pay the $700 and take it home. No two ways about it. IMHO

I think you should buy it and restore it. As someone else said, make the XJ a trail rig and restore this baby for a DD.

Im not to worried about em sellin it. Its been there for 5 years. And I am gonna buy it. The XJ is gonna be a trail rig too. This would be my "pretty rig". Im buildin the XJ now.

Go for it, and give us progress reports.

I looked at one like that when I was in Montana last summer. Looked good from the highway, but when I got "up close and personal" it appeared that there wasn't one single thing about it that the (or some) previous owner hadn't screwed up. Asking price was $500, but it was a Chevy engine, front axle was still intact but it had no transfer case, front driveshaft was missing (not that there was anything to connect it to, of course), dunno what the rear axle was, floor boards were rotted out (how the heck do you do THAT in Montana?) ... and it went downhill from there.

You're actually wondering about buying it????? Drive there... actually speed there now that the word is out :D That looks like a sweet rig to restore :D

Back