• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Click noise, every 30 sec's, voltage drops .3v, next click voltage returns?

Update: Click noise, every 30 sec's, voltage drops .3v, next click voltage returns?

Since I saved some money by not having to buy a new battery, I purchased a new charger from Canadian Tire. A "smart" charger that knows what a AGM battery is.
Wow! What a beautiful couple they make. New AGM battery and smart charger. My Jeep hasn't been this "perky" in a long time. Instant starts. 13 or more volts at start-up are what this RENIX likes.

A strange by-product of this situation; my vehicle now starts IMMEDIATELY upon turning on the ignition (like it should!). Normally took 2-3 secs before the engine would fire up. It's been 15 years since that last occurred. The delay started after a return from a dealers service center. Never could figure out what caused the delay or how to resolve.
I've been pondering about this. I have a theory that while the Jeep's computer was in a un-powered state for a couple of days, stored data about run settings were cleared and the system reverted back to default settings. I didn't think the RENIX computer did that. Just a theory. It has been starting great ever since. This problem with the antenna (?) has turned out to have some positive consequences.

Couldn't get much simpler. After all the years of participating in Jeep forums, I have never come across this subject (albeit, I was never looking either). Thanks.

Its usually the simple things that get overlooked. A/C ripple will quickly destroy the battery..

Back