• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Code reader for 1990 XJ 4.0???

bn6339

NAXJA Forum User
I would like to know if there is an aftermarket code reader available for the 1990 XJ 4.0? My Haynes manual says that it needs a "special" (read:expensive)code reader (Chrysler DRB-II). What, if any, equivalent reader exists for this application, and has anyone actually serviced their Jeep with such an animal? Thanks for your help,

Bret S Gray
1990 Laredo XJ

The only after-market scanner that worked on the Renix systems was offered by Snap-On and cost around $3500. Don't even know if it is still available but I doubt it. Even the dealers are tossing thier Renix scanners to make room for newer equipment in the tool cage.

Eagle said:
The only after-market scanner that worked on the Renix systems was offered by Snap-On and cost around $3500. Don't even know if it is still available but I doubt it. Even the dealers are tossing thier Renix scanners to make room for newer equipment in the tool cage.
Eagle,any Idea what Snap-on scanner that was? We have snap-on scanner but can't get codes from our Renix. Do they store codes at all? We can get realtime info out of it but no codes.
TIA Tony

I have the MT-2500 snap on,and thats all you can get is real time data.Nope they dont store codes or throw codes.

Back