• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2001 XJ Dana 30 Question?

Bville99gt

NAXJA Forum User
Well found in the classified some 4.10 gears from a 98 XJ that inlcuded the Dana 30 High-Pinion carrier along with the gears but my question is would this fit my 01 XJ since mine is a Dana 30 Low-Pinion or would i need to change the front differential? Please some help i'm supposed to buy this tomorrow just want to make sure this will fit my xj? If not that way I can start looking for a front high-pinion diff since the gears are already spoken for....???

Re: 2001 XJ Dana 35 Question?

If it's the housing setup with 4.10's and that's what you're running, then just swap your parts over to it. The knuckles, axle shafts, etc will swap onto the HP housing, and the HP 30 is a stronger axle since it's using reverse cut gears. The only thing that won't swap between the LP and HP housing is the gearset itself. Now, if it's the gears and carrier, then you'd need a HP housing to install them into.

The carriers are the same, the ring and pinion are different between the HP and the LP. Install the HP gears and carrier in the HP housing and you are set.

Are the front gears going to match your rear gears?

yeah the front and rear gears will match...so basically i need to buy another differential from a older xj? no matter if the carriers are swapped...shoots that sucks LOL...

Basically yes... the carrier (the part inside the cover, that the ring gear bolts to) is the same on all D30s... the housing (heavy five-foot long iron thing) is different between the LP and HP versions

Back