• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need some inspiration

XJoachim

NAXJA Forum User
A few weeks ago i rolled my POS. So i decided to take off the sheet metal and buggify it. This is what it looks right now.

adq.sized.jpg

The main cage is no problem, the B hoop will be behind the seats just in front of that piece of sheetmetal that is normally under the rear seats. The cage will then extend to the rear at the width of the old frame rails.

The wheelbase will be lengthened about 10" and the rear will see coilovers like the front.

As you can see the rocker panels are still the original length. I thought about cutting the rockers so they just end where the B hoop meets the floor.

What have you done? This part of the buildup is the one that i'm still thinking about, everything else is a nobrainer.

Sorry, don't have any pictures of the damage, A, B and C pillar on both sides were damaged, also the complete right side. The right fender is replaced as you can see.

How did you tie in the tubing into the "frame"? I decided to keep the rockers, what would you do, shorten them?

I saw your CAT and the pics and i must say this is one of the best looking tube Jeeps i ever saw. You have my respect :wave:

I like it too, but just the fact that i decided to keep the rockers and a lot more of the floor will make mine look totally different. BTW, i'm looking for an inspiration, not a howto :laugh3:

XJoachim said:
How did you tie in the tubing into the "frame"? I decided to keep the rockers, what would you do, shorten them?

Lots of Elmers glue & popcicle sticks... The rear frame rails were tweaked after it was rolled so I really couldn't keep them anyway. I re-enforced the rear most part of the rails near the spring eye mounted. The rear tube frame was than welded to that along with some extra tube work amove the floor tying the rear framework to the front radius arm mount.

If you're already this far than whats the point of keeping the rockers? All they do is get in the way. Cut them off & tube it out!!!

Here's my junk.

i85385335

I left my rockers and rails the way they were. Running the cage along
the door jam let me pick up the door hinge. This way there is lot's of room in the cab.It then runs down to the rails which were already welded on to the jeep.

FarmerMatt said:
If you're already this far than whats the point of keeping the rockers? All they do is get in the way. Cut them off & tube it out!!!
I want to keep the front along with the fenders. If i remove the rockers i think it would not look that good. The fenders dictate the width of the body and yes, i want to keep the most part of the fenders. :laugh3: If i ever decide to remove the rockers and fenders thats no biggie but i have to get this thing back to wheelin' a.s.a.p. so i think about that later.

David Taylor said:

David, i like the paint, it looks better than when i last saw it, it kind of just cleans it up if you know what i mean. i havent been working on my junk for a little bit, but the trailor is almost built. i will be in the hills by sept or oct.

P.S. Sorry for the hijack

Here are some actual pics of my POS. A lot of people emailed me or sent me messages about it. See for yourself :wave: Wheelbase is stretched 10", converted the rear to coilovers

DSCF0187.JPG

DSCF0188.JPG

The cab looks like you were inspired by a JD 310 :laugh3: :D

:cool: A little inspiration, yes, i think that's possible :laugh3:

Back