• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Suspension Questions

a hammer would certainly help you. if that still doesnt work try a ball joint press, and then a hydraulic press..

I just tried the hammer and that's not working. It from lookin at it it seems like the spring eye is not quite circular shaped. The brushig will not go in. I not even making any headway when I pound on it with a rubber mallet. Lubricating it doesn't look like it will help becuse the brushing is bigger than the eye of the spring.

You will probley need to press them in that whatwe did with my old F-150

I just did this yesterday. Im using prothane kit though, seems alot easier. I needed a hydro press to remove the old stock ones and it was still a challenge, Id say for installing new ones it will be the same. for the prothane ones you dont use the old metal sleve and they are 2 peice which makes it real easy to assemble.
If you are reassembling with the original style ones I would say a hydro is almost mandatory, you can try it with a table vise or c-clamp but I think it wont be a very easy venture.
Jeremy

Back