• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

suspension questions!

nickPRO

NAXJA Forum User
i'm looking around to find the perfect lift for my xj, and from the threads that i've been

looking at, alot of you guy use Rubicon Express so im probably going to go with that.

But i need your opinion! should i use the xj 3.5" super-flex w/rear spr

http://www.rubiconexpress.com/Products.aspx?Cn=188&Pn=2019&XnPath=173,180,188&Vid=B5D9122911080

or the xj 3.5" super-ride w/rear spr

http://www.rubiconexpress.com/Products.aspx?Cn=188&Pn=2018&XnPath=173,180,188&Vid=B5D9122911080

And another question..just to be sure... how would you compare rubicon express and

skyjacker quality-wise? would a skyjacker 3" lift kit be better?

sorry if my questions are a bit noobish!

thanks..nick:helpme:

It depends on what the kid comes with. The more expensive kits come with control arms and replacement rear leafs. The cheaper kits just come with coils and Add a leafs. Depends on what you want to spend?
If you have money to blow, then get a long arm system... they're WAY WAY better than any short arm system.

They all do the same thing and include similar parts. If you want to spend the money and get something good, get Rubicon or Nth degree Mobilty, or TNT long arms and piece a kit together.

You need:
Coils
Rear leafs
A track bar/bracket
longer shocks
longer brake lines
heavy duty tie rod
drop pitman arm
New Control arms Long or short
tires/wheels
Done.

If you just want to lift you Jeep to fit 32s or 33s
then thats a different story.
Theres a difference in lifting a Jeep,
and building a Jeep for performance.

One is easy and costs less, and your Jeep will perform mediocre.
One is expensive and harder, and time consuming, and your Jeep will be sick. You're choice depends on budget, mechanical ability and desire.

The RE super ride kit has standard bushings on the front of the control arms and does not include sway bar disconnects. From what I understand these bushings are quieter on the road.

The super flex kit comes with sway bar disconnects and a more flexable bushing on the front of the control arms. Should be more flexable.

If your not off-road alot or often, you could always disconnect your sway bar with a wrench. If that becomes too much of a hassle, you could always add the old style disconnects for fairly cheap.

Years ago I lifted a YJ and at the time, for that application it was my understanding that skyjacker was a premioum spring. I don't know anything about them now or about their XJ stuff.

RE seems to be pretty solid. I wient with them because the kit was complete and I liked the idea of a full catalog of parts all from one manufacturer for future mods.

Just a little FYI you don't need a hd tie rod/drop pitman arm/ tb& bracket ( though it is recommended ) and the RE kits come with lca's. You can use the stock uca's.

I have the 3.5"SF. If you don't wanna spring for the track bar n bracket you can just drill a new hole and reposition it. You are prolly gonna need SYE as well.

There is more to a lift than just lifting it :D

Good Luck!

Back