• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

92 XJ Battery Cables

NorthwestWolf

NAXJA Forum User
Here is the situation I'm stuck in, I went to the stealership after being unable to find a single auto electric shop that will make custom battery cables for my 92 XJ, so I proceeded to the local stealership and was assured they had the correct cables....15 minutes and $117 later I arrive home to find the cables are grossly incorrect in length....they won't even reach the battery. So when I get the chance a few week later I take the cables back and they double check the part number...they assure me that this is the part number Chrysler says to use.

Has anyone else been in the same situtation? Anyone know a place online that can get me the correct cables with all of the proper connectors the first time without sending me the wrong part? I've wasted too much time already...I need this Jeep running now so I can get the Jeep running again, so I can then smog it and then get it registered.

Please help.

- Oh so frustrated

Unless you're comfortable with making your own, do 5-90's cables. In addition to getting correct ones, you'll be supporting a fellow NAXJA guy. Plus, over the couple of years I've been on here, I can tell he knows what he's talking about, so he's not just throwing a bunch of crap together and calling it good.

All I've got to say is, "thanks for the kind words!"

I have to admit, this is exactly the sort of advertising I've been hoping for - happy customers. This is why I put so much thought into what I sell, and why I won't sell it if I don't run it. I prototype on my own vehicles wherever possible.

I think I've already heard from the man who started this thread - I had a couple requests for information right after I noticed this thread.

Timber especially - thank you. I put a lot of thought into something I build - and more while it's in "prototype cycle" (that's why my headlamp harness is so long in coming...) in order to make it the best I can. And, I do try to know what I'm talking about (although I slip every now and again. I try to call apocrypha out as such - but I miss every now and then...)

5-90

Back