• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Suspension questions

97xjproject

NAXJA Forum User
I am sure questions like this are asked all the time but I will start it and if I need to redirect let me know. I have a 97xj and I am looking at lift kits, I am looking at between 3.5 and 4.5 I am wanting to run either 31's or 32's. It is also serves as my family hauler and dd. because of that i am looking for one that gives a some what smooth ride but not soft. I have been looking at ruty's off road 4.5 spring pack kit or the rubicon express 4in kit. I also looked at the tera flex long arm kit but it comes with add a leaves and i am wanting a full pack. i know I could just get a full pack and accomplish the same thing, how would the tera flex long arm do with rubicon express 4 in springs for the back, I am also looking at putting a 241j in instead of doing a sye. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated

i use the RE 4.5" super flex kit. 4 years later and all ive had to replace is some poly bushings. but that might be my fault, as all i did was tighten them like crazy, without torquing to spec. i like it, the 2 things id add are drop brackets and shackle relocation brackets for a mint ride. RE monotubes are nice, though i have nothing to compare them too. everything that has gone wrong since my lift was my fault or chrystlers, none of the RE parts have failed.

i need a SYE, the 241 would be even better.

mine is a '97 as well.

are you talking about drop brackets for the trac bar? my experience with poly bushings is I would much rather run rubber, you can definatley tell a noise difference between poly and rubber, I just installed poly's and I am about to go back to rubber. I can't hear my 3 year old daughter talking because of the road noise it is driving me crazy.

Back