• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Injectors,injectors, and injectors........

RCP Phx

NAXJA Forum User
I ordered another set last week for my 4.6 to try. These are 24# vs the 27#'s that I'm currently running(I first tried 22#). Strangely enough, even though these are a different color they carry the same part number. I immediately called the vendor to see what gives. He assured me that there are things within the injector that make a difference and they are matched and flow tested. I'll go from here!

When I spoke w/ Dave(B&G) he recommends the 24# for his ECU tune!

Is this an OBD2 Jeep? What were the fuel trims will the various injectors? If you have a wideband, what were the corresponding AFRs for closed loop and open loop enrichment?

Mines a 2000, all the grunt work was done last year. I have a scanner plus a third bung was installed for my wide-band meter plus it was run on a dyno. I don't recall all the numbers but it was a stretch for the 22's (+10%)and slightly fat at WOT with the 27's and my mileage went to hell ! All this time I had been looking at things I could do, but after that I determined I need to do something with the ECU if I want the max performance!

How long have you had the 27s in? I found with my 36s that if I had pulled too much voltage out of the 02 sensor before it hit open loop it would keep adding fuel to the long term and eventually every time I went into boost I was at 10afr. This happened very gradually over the course of about 3 days. The solution was to leave the o2 voltage alone completely and let the stock ECU do it's enrichment which seems to be 12.5afr. was that about how rich you were with your 27s?

I've been running the 27's for about a year. Mines not boosted but IIRC it was about that fat(again at WOT). As soon as my new ECU arrives I'm sending one to B&G!
The original build thread: 1Z0539410345718588

Back