• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1997 + Header Pannel Replacement OEM vs Replacement.

muduck18

NAXJA Forum User
I have all the parts I need to get my wifes 98 back on the road except for the Fiberglass Header panel.

I can't find a doner from a junk yard anywhere. So i looked at the "replacement" ones
They are Plastic molded and cost alot to gamble on.

My friend had a "replacement" one on his 94 and it didn't line up right to the body lines.

has any one had a plastic headder for a 97+? did it fit right?
Any one have a line on a factory one that is for sale?
thanks.

sorry i spelled panel wrong my N finger got crazy...

I thought they all were fiberglass on 97+ at least.

really?
I thought they were plastic.
I'd like to avoid spending $160 to find out otherwise...
any idea who might have one that can say it fit?

EBAY sells them for waaaaaay cheaper than that.

i just found a factory one on Ebay. YAY.
Thanks for the ebay tip,
I had not checked there for a couple days.

I had a plastic one for a while until I found an OEM fiberglass one. It looked okay and lined up okay, but I had one of the squares break that the nylon nut goes into. I would really hold off for a fiberglass one. Try the more quality aftermarket suppliers like CAPA or Keystone, I think some of them do a fiberglass replacement. I saw a CAPA one on a junkyard XJ (that had rear ended someone and rolled) and I believe it was fiberglass. It lined up with the fenders perfectly and all that. Good luck in your search.

I put a CertiFit header panel on a 97. It fit OK ( not perfect, but not bad) and needed no extra prep for painting. The price was right, less than $50. It is a black plastic. The OEM part is not really fiberglass but a fiber and glue mix like MIM parts on firearms.

Thanks every one, I found an pull off from some one on ebay. Got it in the mail yesterday Shibbie!!!

Back