• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Motor shifting forward on high torque applications

chickenbot

NAXJA Forum User
93 4.0l ax15 np231 3 row electric fans 3.07 33's

So if I take off hard or do anything that requires a lot of power my whole motor shifts forward about an inch and the fan pulley rubs on my electric fan. I do believe that it is time for some motor and trans mounts. Will stock rubber allow the whole assembly to move forward like that or should I just be safe and go poly?

I know people on here don't like poly mounts b/c of the vibs but I don't mind them.. had them on my 90 5.0 and made me feel like my whole assembly felt stronger and my responsive..

Stinkyfab has all of the mounts you’ll ever need. I am eyeing the trans mount. Looks a lot better than the OEM trans mount.

But yes that will keep everything managed better than the stock stuff. While you are in there be sure to inspect your bellhousing and fasteners to your block.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like I just may go with this since its a whole kit

http://www.stinkyfab.com/sfr-trail-proof-drivetrain-mount-bundles/

108_5380-S__32447.1521091117.jpg

Stinkyfab has all of the mounts you’ll ever need. I am eyeing the trans mount. Looks a lot better than the OEM trans mount.

But yes that will keep everything managed better than the stock stuff. While you are in there be sure to inspect your bellhousing and fasteners to your block.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will be replacing my bellhousing soon to go to the external slave cylinder.

what else should I be on the lookout for?

motor mounts AND trans mount? SFR will likely be getting my MM business soon

motor mounts AND trans mount? SFR will likely be getting my MM business soon

They make good stuff! Got some of their parts on my rig

I have a set of MORE mounts that are 20 years old and still great. They use a control arm bushing so can be replaced for less than $10

Back