NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Chapters > Colorado Chapter
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

Colorado Chapter Discussion of Chapter issues. Please keep Tech Topics on the Tech Forums.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 144 votes, 4.89 average. Display Modes
  #15151  
Old March 28th, 2020, 20:19
4x4JeePmaNthINg's Avatar
4x4JeePmaNthINg 4x4JeePmaNthINg is offline
NAXJA Forum User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Colorado
Posts: 1,408
Re: The Colorado BS thread

dont sell it, you could put some bends into it and make and easy curl bar! then youd really be set.
Reply With Quote
  #15152  
Old March 28th, 2020, 21:56
1-tonxj 1-tonxj is offline
NAXJA Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 2,609
Re: The Colorado BS thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4JeePmaNthINg View Post
dont sell it, you could put some bends into it and make and easy curl bar! then youd really be set.

Have you checked out the covid-19 price gouge on used weight equipment on Craig's list ...lol... wow... I mean $550-1300 for the same cheap weight sets you buy new at Wal-Mart or sports authority for $180-250 pre pandemic shutdown... lol... it would have to be a much longer drought than a few weeks for me to pay that coin for used weights that usually run .65 cents a lb . I did send a few of those guys some offers for straight across trades for bay-bay wipes and TP... ;-)
__________________
---
Reply With Quote
  #15153  
Old March 29th, 2020, 22:53
1-tonxj 1-tonxj is offline
NAXJA Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 2,609
Re: The Colorado BS thread

Not 1...but 4 cases of covid -19 in our shop . They didn't tell us drivers the shop workers who are on our trucks were getting sick with this . One thing I wonder they have been getting sick since the the start of the this month match I was sick starting on the 7-9th and never tested for anything as it was not a big thing yet I return to work on the 19th with a hacking cough and still kinda sick and made my way into the shop where I graced the presence of all that got sick first ...lol... am I possibly the outbreak monkey ? ... would like to get antibody testing to see what my flu was ...meh according to Freerider I really couldn't have caught the virus unless I was am international travel n man ... none of these shop folks travel. ;-)
__________________
---
Reply With Quote
  #15154  
Old April 1st, 2020, 22:53
freerider15 freerider15 is offline
NAXJA Forum User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: FoCo, Crawlorado
Posts: 3,295
Re: The Colorado BS thread

It's not just the old, immuno-compromised, asthmatics, etc. this is killing...

More and more stories like this coming through:

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/30-ye...210537990.html

If you think just because you're "younger, perfectly healthy, etc." that it won't kill you...you might be right, or it might be fatally wrong.

As has already been shown...if there is/was little attempt to flatten the curve, we *could* have faced several million dead.

We're still facing the possibility of upwards of 250,000 deaths with current measures.

I'm not a religious person, but I pray this doesn't get anywhere near as bad as it could.

We're still not at the peak...it's likely to get a lot worse in the coming month(s) before it gets better.

One can call "fake news" all they want, it's just blatant ignorance, plain and simple.
Reply With Quote
  #15155  
Old April 4th, 2020, 07:45
1-tonxj 1-tonxj is offline
NAXJA Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 2,609
Re: The Colorado BS thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by freerider15 View Post
It's not just the old, immuno-compromised, asthmatics, etc. this is killing...

More and more stories like this coming through:

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/30-ye...210537990.html

If you think just because you're "younger, perfectly healthy, etc." that it won't kill you...you might be right, or it might be fatally wrong.

As has already been shown...if there is/was little attempt to flatten the curve, we *could* have faced several million dead.

We're still facing the possibility of upwards of 250,000 deaths with current measures.

I'm not a religious person, but I pray this doesn't get anywhere near as bad as it could.

We're still not at the peak...it's likely to get a lot worse in the coming month(s) before it gets better.

One can call "fake news" all they want, it's just blatant ignorance, plain and simple.
I have no issue with keeping crowds down and social distancing... be great if people would actually wash their hands first thing when they come into a store before they walk around touching things ...but that's not likely to happen since I see many folks come and go without washing hands . Then you have the folks who think rubber gloves have some magic germ killing powers since they come into stores sporting dirty gloves they've been wearing for awhile ...lol...some even reuse them daily .these people don't think they're spreading germs because they have gloves on but gloves move germs around just like an unwashed hand . Then you have the folks and their masks .. (no one cared who I was until I put on the mask )... Masks all kinds--- bandanna, t-shirts , painters dust mask , disposable surgical masks... these folks often have gloves on and they all touch their faces repositioning their masks with their dirty hands thus touching the areas of the face that have mucosa membranes that allow entry into the blood stream . A mask that's potentially been exposed to contamination that isn't able to be sterilized is now trash and since you are wearing a mask for unknown exposure you would have assume it's contaminated so to use a disposable mask correctly it must be disposed of after each use since you are to assume it's dirty , but these folks are keeping these masks around their necks the same masks they touch with dirty hands and then touch their faces with . At the end of the day this will just have to run the course it's going to run there's very little you can do without putting everyone in a level A suit . I have known 6 people who have had it they all worked on our shop they all got sick recovered at home and are all back to work . Like most diseases you never really know how you'll respond to it that is the luck of life .
__________________
---
Reply With Quote
  #15156  
Old April 4th, 2020, 09:42
1-tonxj 1-tonxj is offline
NAXJA Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 2,609
Re: The Colorado BS thread

My mother was on the phone telling me she has her homemade mask with zip ties and she's going to buy vacuum cleaner filters and fit the filter in the mask and throw away the filters after use ...So apparently she's afraid to go out into public without this item so I just gave GoLGND $350 for 100 n95 masks so she can feel safe ... these things aren't cheap and they are disposable but if they make mom feel safe I guess they're worth the cash .
__________________
---
Reply With Quote
  #15157  
Old April 4th, 2020, 09:58
1-tonxj 1-tonxj is offline
NAXJA Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 2,609
Re: The Colorado BS thread

Kinda pissed I had to cancel my order to VTX the retailer said he had them in stock but came time to ship the excuses were thick, so I ended up canceling. Now I see 16 45s for sale down south at $65 per plate which is reasonably priced but the guy isn't answering his emails...maybe the CORONA got him ? Anyway I want 10 of those damn plates...
__________________
---
Reply With Quote
  #15158  
Old April 4th, 2020, 11:04
1-tonxj 1-tonxj is offline
NAXJA Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 2,609
Re: The Colorado BS thread

Looks like the seller is legit PayPal him $100 to hold 10 plates. These weren't as much as Denver priced it's all the way down in Cimarron however so it's a trip but costs about normal Wal-Mart price for 45s and I wanted them anyway because they will get used unlike my gym membership that's not seen much action in years
__________________
---
Reply With Quote
  #15159  
Old April 4th, 2020, 15:50
1-tonxj 1-tonxj is offline
NAXJA Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 2,609
Re: The Colorado BS thread

Well should I find myself a Ford Falcon XB GT coupe to go down to Cimarron in since it fits the days feel . Go down in a tyvec , rubber gloves. And an mask on instead of a pistol on my hip ill have a can of Lysol and 2 tard spacing stick instead of a baton .
__________________
---
Reply With Quote
  #15160  
Old April 5th, 2020, 12:19
Hypoid's Avatar
Hypoid Hypoid is offline
NAXJA Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Golden, CO
Posts: 7,673
Re: The Colorado BS thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-tonxj View Post
My mother was on the phone telling me she has her homemade mask with zip ties and she's going to buy vacuum cleaner filters and fit the filter in the mask and throw away the filters after use ...So apparently she's afraid to go out into public without this item so I just gave GoLGND $350 for 100 n95 masks so she can feel safe ... these things aren't cheap and they are disposable but if they make mom feel safe I guess they're worth the cash .
That is pretty much it in a nutshell!

There is a young guy on the jobsite who has a beard and is wearing a half face respirator with a 3M #6006 cartridge (no particle filtration, just the organic filter media). He told me that is what his employer gave him to use. He is the only person on that crew I see using anything.

Meanwhile, someone saw a few guys on my crew coughing, told our super about it. Those guys had to get tested and wait three days to be cleared for work. Lucky me, it's hay fever season, and I'm still feeling the 18 hours of exposure to bleach when we "sanitized" the site.
__________________
The Lost Boys' motto: We don't know where we are going, but we'll be there for awhile...
Reply With Quote
  #15161  
Old April 6th, 2020, 08:38
jdogg4's Avatar
jdogg4 jdogg4 is offline
NAXJA Forum User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Evans Colorado.
Posts: 1,743
Re: The Colorado BS thread

We implemented a Daily check in sheet for ALL our guys when they come in. just 4 basic health questions and they have to have there temp taken before allowed to work.
We started this weeks ago and at this point we have had only two guys call in sick. Then we require them to have a doctors note allowing them to come back stating they are healthy. One just had a cold and the other they think is seasonal allergies coming into play. But he's waited 6 days for his COVID19 test to come back and still hasn't so he sits at home.
I Get seasonal allergies about this time of year so it's a crap shoot if when or if its the C word or just need some claritin-D
Reply With Quote
  #15162  
Old April 7th, 2020, 19:34
1-tonxj 1-tonxj is offline
NAXJA Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 2,609
Re: The Colorado BS thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdogg4 View Post
We implemented a Daily check in sheet for ALL our guys when they come in. just 4 basic health questions and they have to have there temp taken before allowed to work.
We started this weeks ago and at this point we have had only two guys call in sick. Then we require them to have a doctors note allowing them to come back stating they are healthy. One just had a cold and the other they think is seasonal allergies coming into play. But he's waited 6 days for his COVID19 test to come back and still hasn't so he sits at home.
I Get seasonal allergies about this time of year so it's a crap shoot if when or if its the C word or just need some claritin-D

I'd still like access to the testing they have for antibodies to see if my respiratory flu was common flu or the C word...I was on my two weeks vacation and got sick during my run back so I was sick and home from the 7th until the 19th when I went back on the 19tj I still had a cough and easily shorted out of breath . This was not too long before the C word was an official issue here...shortly after 4 people got sick in the shop that were diagnosed with covid 19 they all returned to work after 2-3 weeks . Many people het this and it's not life threatening bit testing is really lagging behind for both basic testing to see if you're sick and way way lacking for testing to see who's had it and recovered...If I had it I only need to worry about washing my hands so I don't give it a ride from place to place but I don't have to worry about getting sick from exposure.
__________________
---
Reply With Quote
  #15163  
Old April 7th, 2020, 19:53
1-tonxj 1-tonxj is offline
NAXJA Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 2,609
Re: The Colorado BS thread

I 3/4 built a weight bench I say 3/4 because I didn't make a bench to lay on and it was intended to be modular so it could be stored on my truck . The two main stands are 2x3 14 guage with heavy gusseting at the base where the upper and lower meet into an L this piece I tested with the up right hanging off with bottom pinned onto my trailer and put 400lbs on this, which that tube is 55 inches long so if it don't collapse loaded like that it's not going to in the vertical and two posts should easily support hundreds of pounds. Then I ran a section 1-3/4 14 round tube from just under half way up the tube back die to the rear foot to cut down on the unsupported length and added a small area of plate where those tubes land. This was not my usual throw heavy thick steel at it since I'd be taking it apart and putting it together often and want it to be reasonably light . The uprights weighed less than 20lb . They were going to be connected with 1.53 11g cross tube this is what the bench seat would come off of ... but I just got word my order from ORI shipped so next home time I'm installing level its not holding a seat for the bench or mAking the flanges ...lol... So I ordered an over priced Mary bench that is similar to how I built my it's just not nearly as well. Built but will only take a few stitch welds and a couple added braces to hold what I use without falling apart... lol...if the bench I started was going in a garage it would be done with 5 minutes of welding it and not making it flanges for break down... I'll see if my brother wants it if not I'll put on CL for cheap and weld it together at the desired user width mid or full olympic... lol... I spotted my order and knew the bench wouldn't get finish next home time ;-)
__________________
---
Reply With Quote
  #15164  
Old April 8th, 2020, 12:07
jdogg4's Avatar
jdogg4 jdogg4 is offline
NAXJA Forum User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Evans Colorado.
Posts: 1,743
Re: The Colorado BS thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-tonxj View Post
I'd still like access to the testing they have for antibodies to see if my respiratory flu was common flu or the C word...I was on my two weeks vacation and got sick during my run back so I was sick and home from the 7th until the 19th when I went back on the 19tj I still had a cough and easily shorted out of breath . This was not too long before the C word was an official issue here...shortly after 4 people got sick in the shop that were diagnosed with covid 19 they all returned to work after 2-3 weeks . Many people het this and it's not life threatening bit testing is really lagging behind for both basic testing to see if you're sick and way way lacking for testing to see who's had it and recovered...If I had it I only need to worry about washing my hands so I don't give it a ride from place to place but I don't have to worry about getting sick from exposure.

We had a few guys sick at the first of the year and thought they had phenomena because of the symptoms and the test came back Neg for that. But they are all convinced they had the C word and it just wasn't tested for or something. one of them feels better but is still shortness of breath when doing normal daily activities. He called his doctor about it and after a long run around they just said he was fine with out the C word but could have other respiratory issues from something else.
Reply With Quote
  #15165  
Old April 9th, 2020, 09:50
1-tonxj 1-tonxj is offline
NAXJA Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 2,609
Re: The Colorado BS thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdogg4 View Post
We had a few guys sick at the first of the year and thought they had phenomena because of the symptoms and the test came back Neg for that. But they are all convinced they had the C word and it just wasn't tested for or something. one of them feels better but is still shortness of breath when doing normal daily activities. He called his doctor about it and after a long run around they just said he was fine with out the C word but could have other respiratory issues from something else.
If he had he could have been left with the breathing issues for awhile after getting over the virus that caused the issue. This is why antibody testing needs to be rolled here so they can document all that were exposed and recovered that never got tested while sick this would be helpful in a few ways to the public .
__________________
---
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
is colorado right for me? mscans Colorado Chapter 42 November 30th, 2017 21:33
BOD Nomination B.S. thread - All the stuff that shouldn't be in the Sticky thread Metal Thrasher NorthWest Chapter 38 November 11th, 2008 08:54
Official COLORADO MOAB Convoy Thread JohnJohn Colorado Chapter 1 October 3rd, 2004 20:17


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:10.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
NAXJA and NAXJA logo's Copyright NAXJA. All content/images Copyright NAXJA 1999-2014