• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Length of rear driveshaft with 7-8" of lift?

Blaine B.

NAXJA Forum User
Hey, just wondering if some of you can give me ideas as to how long the rear driveshaft is that you are using with a lift between 7 and 8"? With a Chrysler 8.25 rear axle.

I've got an Advance Adapters SYE waiting patiently for me to install it along with a Tom Wood's driveshaft. Before I install the driveshaft I want to be sure it will be long enough for 7 to 8 inches of lift.

I believe the box that the driveshaft came in said it was a 32" shaft, although I believe it is a bit longer when fully extended. It looks to be shorter than the origional shaft though, and the origional setup has a long cone attached to the output housing on the transfer case.

I hope my new Tom Wood's shaft will not be too short.

Thanks in advance!

I just measured mine,its 32-3/4"@5"+ of lift.

Where did you order that from??? I only ask because most places will ask you how much lift you are running when ordering said parts.. Especially with a drive shaft... And if they didn't then shame on them...

But to answer your question I run 9ish inches and it measures a shade over 34" from center to center on the u joints......

I ran the math (linear interpolation) for you based on RC Phx and 91XJMA's numbers:

Lift/Driveshaft length
5" / 32 3/4"
6" / 33 1/16"
7" / 33 3/8"
8" / 33 11/16"
9" / 34"

Turned out to be 5/16" driveshaft increase for every 1" lift. I'll double check mine tonight.

Good luck.

I would rather lift it then measure just to be sure vs guestimating...but thats just me.

Well I bought the SYE and shaft as a combo, so...

Working on the SYE today actually, got it all torn down, just need to borrow some snap ring pliars and put er back together.

Here's the 3 driveshafts. Stock rear, Tom Woods rear, stock front.

l_e57ad426a8da4810bcac91f88c8bbe1b.jpg

Back