• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

weird sound from front drivers side wheel

cherokeekid95

NAXJA Forum User
on the way into work my front drivers side tire makes a weird noise. Its not a squeak or a squeal its more like a creak. and it does it in a rythum based on the speed of the wheel. It almost sounds like a piece of plastic is clicking against something. I have done a minor visual inspection. Just looked around. since i am work i have not had a chance to pull the wheel. I have found that if i turn the wheel or apply the brake it stops. Any tips for something to look for when i get a chance?:confused:

While you are looking at calipers, dust shields, and things, you might as well check your u-joints as well.

Sometimes it's not real obvious so lift the wheel and "wiggle" the tire with your arms. When the joints just start to go, they start to make a slight clicking noise (gets noisier as it gets worse).

Good luck.

Mike in NJ :patriot:

pulled the wheel during lunch break. didn't find a thing.:confused: how do i know if the ujoint is toast? i did the "wiggle thing" and its solid as a rock.:mad: i didn't have time to do a whole lot of searching. put i back on and coasted around the parking lot couldn't quite tell if i could hear it or not. guess i find out on way home:rolleyes: thanks for all the tips guys.

Back