• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The journey begins again.

blu3fan

NAXJA Forum User
So about 6 months ago I was rear ended by an old man traveling at around 75mph in a 4runner on the freeway when traffic had stopped

Pics of accident and damage

Still pretty messed up months later. But slowly getting there.

Also 6 months of searching for a new xj. I have found and hopefully closed a deal on a nice xj almost identical to my prior.

I fly from PHX to El Paso tomorrow to pick her up and drive her back. * Crossed fingers wish me luck.

Just wanted to say thanks for all the help with my stupid questions over the years and hopefully I can help others for years to come here.
52855a661d5ea8f3bde15edf444cee3a.jpg
e181e95864f5f1e98adb97559f301973.jpg
330c74657cf188031d6c927abde3af6f.jpg
cf610d26c934fd78189aea080553d106.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Looks like a nice, clean starting point.

I hope it works out well.

Losing your old Jeep was a great loss so I hope all goes well with this one. How are you doing after the accident?

Losing your old Jeep was a great loss so I hope all goes well with this one. How are you doing after the accident?

Right after the accident it took weeks to be able to walk again.
5 months later I've been forcing myself to be better... I refuse to be a cripple.... (I'm 30 for age reference)
Kidneys still hurt.
Bones way more crunchy than prior.
Had a tooth out that got cracked.
Doing physical therapy and chiropractic.

Slowly but surely getting better. Trying to focus on the fact that I'm going to get some type of settlement at some point. I know it doesn't equate to the health that moron took from me. but it's something....

I can't even describe how getting hit by someone going 75 feels.... loudest noise I've ever heard in my life. I can still hear the crash in my head.

Ouch. Glad to hear you're on the mend.

New jeep looks very Judging by the Laredo trim and th, "High Output" badge on the liftgate,e style of roof rack crossbars, I'm guessing it's a 91 or 92?

Ouch. Glad to hear you're on the mend.

New jeep looks very Judging by the Laredo trim and th, "High Output" badge on the liftgate,e style of roof rack crossbars, I'm guessing it's a 91 or 92?

My Original Jeep was a 92 but made in 91.
The new one is a 91 and made in 91.
The Vin's are only a few digits apart.

My XJ has more options, but I still have it, so we're gonna Frankenstein parts here and there :)

My Original Jeep was a 92 but made in 91.
The new one is a 91 and made in 91.
The Vin's are only a few digits apart.

Cool. Hope it runs as good as it looks.

My XJ has more options, but I still have it, so we're gonna Frankenstein parts here and there :)

Why not? Isn't that basically how Jeep's "Ordering" system worked? You could put any option on any trim level, if I remember right...

Back