• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Narrow SD D60?

CLSegraves

NAXJA Forum User
Today at lunch I picked up an 05+ Super Duty D60 that's going under my XJ (replacing the D30). I haven't gotten it under the XJ (haven't even gotten home yet) to check fitment however I am seriously considering cutting the long side down to both narrow the width (I prefer the narrower track to get through tight places) as well as bring the pinion in closer to where the factory pinion location was.

For anyone who has narrowed their front D60, how much did you narrow it and did you have any fitment issues with the oil pan?

ok....not everyone remembers that till later on....

I have considered taking the 14b I have (came out of a van) and cutting down the long side to match the short side so I then have equal length axle shafts AND it also gets me within 1" of the D35 axle width too.....

ok....not everyone remembers that till later on....

I have considered taking the 14b I have (came out of a van) and cutting down the long side to match the short side so I then have equal length axle shafts AND it also gets me within 1" of the D35 axle width too.....

But won't that shove your pinion off center?

never really looked into it that far....decided it was just too heavy...even tho it has already been shaved.....

I may look at it again if I ever do a V8 swap...

Last edited:
Back