• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Chrome Moly Question

your tire size has little to do with whether it will be strong enough, it is far more dependent on how hard you like running into rocks.

my gut feeling says NO. I bent 1" solid (though not Chromo) somewhat easily. 1/8" is pretty thin for wall.

it is very easy to make a tie-rod that can handle the forces of big tires pushing on it, it's the bending forces from hitting stuff that often bend them.

what are your concerns besides bending it? how much is weight, diameter, cost, ease of fabrication, etc a concern?

BrettM said:
it is very easy to make a tie-rod that can handle the forces of big tires pushing on it, it's the bending forces from hitting stuff that often bend them.

what are your concerns besides bending it? how much is weight, diameter, cost, ease of fabrication, etc a concern?

Baically it's to use with a tera knuckle. Would be having the tie rod and drag link made by a buddy, so I would be sourcing parts. What about 1.5" DOM???

I need to replace my steering (this is not up for dispute). I want to go crossover, don't much like the stock design. The kits that are availbe for crossover all use heims, this is my dd. So I figured a tera knuckle and home made tie rod and drag link was the way to. This is a dd with that sees moderate wheeling...... :lecture:

Back