• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stock Control Arms

saki669

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone have any stock lower front control arms they want out of the garage? I need at least 1 of them for the stock bushings (in good shape).
PM please. I'll pay for shipping or come pick it up if its in the area.
Thanks.

-Kirk

saki669 said:
Anyone have any stock lower front control arms they want out of the garage? I need at least 1 of them for the stock bushings (in good shape).
PM please. I'll pay for shipping or come pick it up if its in the area.
Thanks.

-Kirk
I have a set, not sure how good the bushings are but I'll take a look, jsolorza is coming up today so if you aren't far from him I could send them with him(if he doesn't mind), let me know asap and I'll take a look at the bushings.
chris

Autozone has the bushings for about $5 each. Hardly worth the PIA to get them out of the arms.

AutoZone wanted $25 each for them and they werent OEM quality.

Skullvarian I'm in San Dimas / Covina area. If he's anywhere near here that would be great. Thanks.

-Kirk

I just cut them out with an angle grinder. It takes 2 min. The stamped steel is paper thin on the stock arms.
My JKS adjustable arms use the OEM style rubber bushings and I want to replace them with the same type. The poly ones are just too harsh in the control arms.

hey Grim ca you look up the differnt year xj's and find the cheapest controll arm bushings and post up the part number I bought some a while back for $6 each but i had to do some searching

saki669 said:
I just cut them out with an angle grinder. It takes 2 min. The stamped steel is paper thin on the stock arms.
My JKS adjustable arms use the OEM style rubber bushings and I want to replace them with the same type. The poly ones are just too harsh in the control arms.

I've got those same JKS LCA's. The biggest PITA was getting the OLD ones out!

Before I put the new ones in, I cleaned them up a bit and added some anti-seize.

bburge

saki669 said:
AutoZone wanted $25 each for them and they werent OEM quality.

Skullvarian I'm in San Dimas / Covina area. If he's anywhere near here that would be great. Thanks.

-Kirk
dang, he left a little while ago, the bushings were not in the best of shape though anyways. If you still want them I could ship them to you for spare bushings, I would just chop saw the arms by the bushings and mail them off, let me know.
Chris

Gerr said:
hey Grim ca you look up the differnt year xj's and find the cheapest controll arm bushings and post up the part number I bought some a while back for $6 each but i had to do some searching
i hate to say this but i dont show upper control arm bushings for ANY year XJ, my home access system must be fuxt, i'lll check tomorrow at work.

Back